The following things are not permitted:
- Drinking of alcohol on or off campus.
- The use of recreational drugs.
- Unmarried students of the opposite sex living together.
- Student Relationships: We ask that you avoid making romantic attachments a focus while in attendance. It is our hope that you and the other students will not be distracted from your studies because of a priority on romance and flirting. If, however, you enter into a relationship please maintain a godly focus.
- Clothing: Dress appropriately and modestly. The staff reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of a person's dress. Do not wear clothing that will stumble your brother or sister or misrepresent Christ to the community.
Why These Rules?
We know that some people feel at liberty to practice some of these things as a Christian. These rules are in effect, not because we believe you will be more righteous if you do or don't do these things, but so that we don't stumble others or draw undue attention to fleshly appearances. We want to draw people's attention to the beauty of Christ and His love and not hinder our witness as we study in a foreign culture by those who may not understand certain liberties.
As the Apostle Paul said in 1 Cor 9:19,
“For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more”.